Thursday, October 23, 2008

Family...Isn't it about TIME???

I LOVE this picture!!



You hear the commericals on the radio, if you listen: Family....Isn't it about, TIME??? A message from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...It's too bad that message doesn't say from the Baptist because everytime I hear it I think about how it rings true. We never have enough time with our families. It seems like we are always doing work and school. One day that will be over though and we are looking forward to that day!


It has been so long since I last blogged. I have been terribly busy. The month of October has been a month of weddings, revivals, Pastor Appreciation, starting my new job at Oasis amoung many other things. To say the least we've been a bit busy.


These two sweethearts came home for a short break from school and we got to spend the evening together on a Thursday night. We headed to Enterprise to eat at Ruby Tuesday where we shared some heart to heart conversations and plenty of laughs. We took lots of crazy pictures but they were with Amy's camera so I don't have those. We then came back home and watched the movie "Iron Man" which when I first saw the front was a little skeptical but it was actually a good movie. When the night was over the two "hams" went to go home and found they were stranded (don't tell but they really liked being stranded with us!!) They had a flat tire and had to spend the night!! YEA, not that they had a flat but we got to spend more time together! I Love these two beautiful girls!




Being an only child, when I came into the Jacobs' family it was LOUD!! It was like a zoo. Going to Brian's house was never quiet or dull. There was always something happening there! Between 4 kids, flowers, dogs, cats, horses, extended family members in and out, I would be glad to get back to my quiet little world! I've now gotten used to the choas that goes along with larger families. People often used to ask me did I like being an only child and I suppose when you don't know any different, it doesn't really matter. Now that I've gotten a chance to experience life with these people I call my "sisters" I no longer have to say I'm an only child! They are very special and sweet people who mean a lot to me! (Beth also even though she isn't pictured!)



The girls have grown up so much. Besides being beautiful young women, they have many other good qualities about them. Amy is patient, sweet, kind and such a responsible "little mama". She gets things done that she needs to do. She will make someone a lovely wife and mother one day. Amy was always such a ham around the camera and I can't say that has changed much! In one of their earlier home videos Brian has the camera and you can hear Amy and see her shaking his leg saying....Brian down here, down here, take my pictures...Brian, Brian, look at me, look at me!! What memories these sweet brothers and sisters must have!

Kimberly has many good qualities as well. She is so tender-hearted, sweet, funny and a good manager of her money. Kimberly has never been one to spend friveriously. When she was much smaller she would spend time with Brian and I and we would go somewhere and Amy would ask Kimberly for some money and tell her she would pay her back later. Kimberly would usually always reply with the same thing...Amy no, you will not pay me back and besides all I have is $100.00 and I'm not breaking it! Kimberly has always also been so care-free and easy going. She never did like wearing shoes so everytime we got ready to go somewhere we had to "hunt" for Kimberly's shoes, which could be anywhere since she took them off everywhere! She too is going to make an excellent wife and mother.



And the one who they owe it all to, now known as Nan. I couldn't resist this when it came in the mail the other day. I immediately thought of her and wondered if she knew such an association exsisted??? Her Mom and Son a nurse and she picked out that name for John Luke...how neat I thought to myself!!






I had such a good time and I hope we can do this again soon. I know we are getting together for Christmas and I am looking so forward to that! I Love Ya'll!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAWN!!!! you posted our pictures!! I'm soooo happy! Thank you soo much for the pics. and the sweet comments!! I almost started crying! I have a little of mama in me and cry at a drop of a hat! I have never felt so special in my life! I had SOOOO much fun and yes I was glad we had a flat just so we could stay up all night talking! I miss ya'll so much and enjoy when we can get together as little as it may be! :( We need to make this a tradition! I could NOT imagine being an only child! I LOVE my big family and I want at least 5 kids so they can have as much fun and chaos as we did! Being loud just goes with having a big family! If you want to be hear you have to scream! I think I have that down pat! But you fit in just perfect miss loud mouth!! :) By the way I now loan Amy money whenever she needs it and no she doesn't pay me back but like we say if one or the other doesn't have $ and has to borrow from each other.... it will all even out in the end!! Anyway I know I have now written a book but I was just sooo excited!! My point is I love my family and would not trade them for a trillion $!! Now we are even bigger... I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers!! I LOVE IT!!! Love yall sooooooooooo much!!

Beth said...

How Sweet! I love y'all too!!!!!!!!!!

jeff and rebecca said...

Hey sweet friend. How is work going? You will have to catch me up by letting me know how things are going. Good post. I too love those Jacobs and miss them like crazy. I know you are short on time these days but try to e-mail when you can. Love you!

Dawn said...

Kimberly,
Yes I do have a LOUD mouth...but I was only used to just mine, not 40 more! I am glad you enjoyed the blog and I FINALLY got your pictures on here!

Rebecca,
Yes I have been a little short on time but hopefully things will start to slow down after tomorrow! I will try to e-mail soon!

Love you all and thanks for all the sweet comments!
-Dawn

Julie said...

Sweet pictures of the beautiful family!! Glad that y'all were able to have a fun night together!! I loved growing up in a big family even though I was outnumbered by my three brothers. There was never a dull moment in the house and there still isn't when we all get together. What PRECIOUS memories!

Anonymous said...

I'm not from a large family, but for some reason I've grown to LOVE LOVE LOVE family gatherings!!!! And I want EVERYONE there, and I want it to be loud and crazy!!!! It always makes me smile to know that people appreciate their families! The post was wonderful, and you can really tell how much you love your family, Dawn. I think they are just as blessed to have you as you are to have them!!!!!

Anonymous said...

DAWN,
You are the sweetest sister and friend! I had so much fun with yall! I am glad that we were able to get together. Since Kimberly wrote a book and said all the good stuff she left me nothing to write!:) I am very excited about being able to get together for Christmas!! I love you and Brian is very blessed to have you.

Lori said...

Hey Dawn. Saw your blog and wanted to comment. What a sweet sister you are!! I actually did enjoy being an only child but I'm sure it's great now to have the best of both worlds!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn!
I just found your blog and soooo glad I did. Love your "faith" sayings and plan to use them. Tell my sweeeeeet nephew "Happy (belated) Birthday"!! Hope he had a great day. I love you both.

Love,
Aunt Vickie