Saturday, October 4, 2008

Wedding Bells Are Ringing!!!

The month of October is a very busy month for me. We have been getting ready for revival with choir at church which will be October 12-15. Pastor, Brent Cook will be the speaker Mon-Wed nite. We are also celebrating Pastor Appreciation this month, along with an awesome group called "New Beginnings" coming to sing for the evening service on October 26th. I want to invite everyone to revival and New Beginnings. If you can come I would love to see you there. I will sit with you if you are scared to be alone. I know how that can be, visiting churches all by yourself.



On top of all the church things we have going on, I start a new part-time job this Tuesday at Oasis Day Spa. My sweet sister-in-law Amy will be coming in for a massage that day as well...what a supportive sister-in-law she is, my first day on the job and she comes to visit...okay, so maybe she isn't coming in JUST for me!! I think Amy deserves a little pampering, she has been working very hard in college this semester (Love You Amy!). Who wouldn't want to visit that place...it's absolutely wonderful!



In addition to the rest of this stuff I have 3, that's right one, two, THREE weddings this month. The first one was today in Esto, Florida. Not sure where Esto is? Well neither was I until today. A close high school friend of Brian's, Terry Stewart and Brandi Gammons were wed today and they ask me to shoot a few photos (I do not shoot wedding photos, this was just a favor for friends). Today was my first ever digital camera wedding, which went pretty well. They had the sweetest ceremony with a "hands ceremony" and "salt ceremony." It was very neat and something I had never seen or heard of before. (You can probably google these two things if you want to know more) Anyway, a very big Congratulations to Brandi and Terry. The two make a very lovely couple and we wish them a very long, happy, healthy and God centered marriage. Terry finished up his degree at Graceville Baptist College of Florida and Brandi is a singer and you can listen live to some of her music at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=153655085&MyToken=19c724fe-f34b-45f1-b727-ad9a24da9ba6


They are both great Christian people who have a heart for the Lord and He is going to bless their marriage and life! We love you Brandi and Terry! October 4, 2008. This blog is dedicated to you.
This last photo I took on my way home of the beautiful sunset on the evening of your wedding. Sure the sun sets the same way everyday but it will never again set on October 4, 2008. I saw this beautiful site and couldn't resist. I hope you enjoy it as well.



I will end this blog with one my most prized possessions. My favorite description of Love, besides I Cor. 13. I have this in my journal and have never shared it with anyone, so consider yourselves lucky Brandy and Terry! ;-)


-LOVE-
"It meant the world turned over,
the difference between living or merely existing,
the difference between light and dark, cold and heat.
It meant a full heart, a wild, strange and ever-changing feeling,
it meant all the colors and all the sounds,
it meant a thousand unexpressed thoughts;
it meant taking and giving,
it meant feelings that ran all the way
from rich goodness to cruelty,
all things full and nothing empty;
it was something proud and abject,
something like a slashing winter wind
and something as hot as a bed of fire.
If it was anything at all, it was all this."
Love always to the both of you.
-Dawn

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful!! I have to come in to Oasis too!! To get that massage you and Brian gave me for my b-day! I was waiting to use it during school so I would be good and stressed out and in extreme need for relaxation! I believe I have made it to that point!! I knew it was coming!! So I'll see you there! I love yall!! Hope to see you soon!

Dawn said...

Kimberly...I didn't even know you knew I had a blog. Your first comment to me! Thank you! You will have to come in Oasis and see me. Remember though, I am only there Tue and Wed from 1-5. Lots of hours uh? You take what you can get while the gettin's good! I hope school is going good and you are doing well. Take care and thanks for the comment! I Love You!
-Dawn

jeff and rebecca said...

I LOVE TERRY STEWART!!!!!! He and I worked together at TV Cable. He is one of the sweetest guys I have ever known. He and I always seemed to have a lot in common. One year, he drew my name at Christmas and bought me the most precious little gift. It was a ceramic little boys holding a bible and praying. I had just had Will and he said this reminded him of me and my new son. I still have it and think of him often when I see it. Please tell him I said congratulations and that I will be praying for him.

Julie said...

After reading the title of your blog and seeing the picture of you and Amy, I thought she was engaged!! Of course, after I read on I noticed that she wasn't. :)

Anonymous said...

HAHA very funny Julie! Dawn, we have got to take some more pictures of me!!:) Thank you for your sweet comments about me. You are very kind!! And yes I can't wait til Tuesday!!! I'm glad your blogging. I didn't realize it til I got home and mama asked me if I had seen your blog! Anyway, I will see you Tuesday.
PS. Brian I haven't forgot about you...I love you too!

Beth said...

I'm like Julie---when I first opened your blog, I thought Have I missed something?!! Something very BIG!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

I thought about that when I posted Amy's picture on this blog...It obviously got a lot of attention!

Rebecca I totally forgot about you working with Terry. Yes, he is such a sweet person and he has found a very good woman for his wife. I will tell him you said Congrats and Hello!

The Clarks said...

I thought the same thing Julie did. I thought "Oh my Lord, Amy has gotten really impatient." Until I read on...........how funny! Welcome to blogworld Dawn!