Saturday, October 4, 2008

What's Forever For?

I have to say this about the first song on my playlist. Here a couple of years ago this sweet man, who in this picture is enjoying his favorite piece of choclate (Reese Cups) got me tickets to a concert as a surprise. When we finally arrived at the Opera House in Dothan he told me we were going to see Michael Martin Murphy...now remember I am an avid musician, who listens to all kinds of music all the time. I said WHO???? Who in the world is that??? Needless to say I wasn't too enthused about my "surprise concert!" From the looks of the parking lot, neither were too many other people...there were no cars. No problem getting a front row seat at this concert, I thought. I'm all about music and my sweet darling of a husband knows this, so we continue into the building where we sat in a concert with about 25-30 other people. What seemed like a disappointment and bad turn out to a concert, turned out to be one of the best concerts I've ever been to. For one, I felt kinda special, like he was giving just us few people a private concert. For two, he has to be one of the most simplest men on earth. A 3 man band came out and played for about 2 hours for us. We had the most fun. He told stories about his ranch and cowboy life...it was great. Then he really touched my heart and jogged my memory when he sang the song "What's forever for?" We wound up buying a c.d. and getting it autographed and I've been looking for this song a long time on my playlist and I finally found it. Stay here a minute and listen to the words. I love this song...it reminds me so much of our world today and how so many relationships are broken and hearts and lives of families are torn apart by divorce. I learned a valuable lesson that night. Just because you don't know all about something doesn't mean you won't enjoy it. Don't judge something by how many people are apart of it. Sometimes the majority misses out on the greatest gifts. A sweet simple concert made my night and special memories that will last a lifetime.

7 comments:

Beth said...

I love that song! I'll have to add it to my playlist!

Glad y'all had a good time together!

Shonna said...

Me too, but I can't find it! I will have to keep trying!

Shonna said...

I found it:)!!

Julie said...

It is a great song. Like the others, I will have to add it to my playlist as well.

That is a good picture of you and Brian. :)

Dawn said...

Thanks Beth, Julie and Shonna. I do love that song! Thanks for the pic comment Julie...I took that! It's hard to get pic's of yourselves when it's just the two of you! Enjoy the new song on your playlists!

Anonymous said...

Amen to the song! I didn't realize he was the one who recorded it. Dawn, add Rise Again to your list for me! Beth had it on hers but something eat it. Missed you yesterday!! Like Beth said, we just happened to all come together. Chicken and dumplings sounds mighty good to me. Htink I'll make some. Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

That's suppose to be ATE it!! Mama