Sunday, October 5, 2008

Whose Carving Your Pumpkin?

Taking what satan has tried to turn into a bad holiday into a celebration of Christ.

When carving your pumpkin this year, try making the eyes "hearts" and the nose a "Cross" along with a regular smiling mouth, symbolizing sharing God's love...and remember this and share it with your trick or treaters. You can type this up and add a cute pumpkin to it and make a book mark and give it to all of your trick or treaters. It's a good witnessing tool and spreads the love of Christ. Don't allow satan to turn this beautiful fall season that God has given us into scary monsters and witch-craft. It's time we as Christians take a stand for Christ and we can start with little things like this.



-Christians are like Pumpkins-



What is it like to be a Christian? How does it feel to know the love of God - to know that he has washed away your sins at Jesus' cross and give you new life, a life that really counts and will last forever?



Someone has said that it's a little like being a pumpkin!



God comes to us and picks us up from a lonely, cold field. He washes off all the dirt of our sin. He removes the seeds of doubt, fear and hate that have grown inside us. Then he places within us the light of his love. This love warms our hearts. What was once filled darkness is now flooded with light. That love puts a smile on our face! Now the whole world can see God's love shining in us!



Go SHINE for the Lord as you

Share
His

Incredible

News

Everywhere


You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)




10 comments:

Beth said...

I like that idea about the trick or treaters...one problem here...I don't think anyone will come back here to trick or treat!!!!!!! I miss that about living in town. I really had fun with the little kids. John wanted to hide behind the tree with a chainsaw and scare them! What in the world is wrong with him?!!!

How about those pictures? When do you think is going to be a good day for you? I know you said later in the month, and that's fine I just wanted to make plans.
Love ya!

Dawn said...

oh yeah! I completely forgot about those pictues! The only Saturday I have available this month is going to be this Sat. the 11th. My other Sat are tied up and days with weddings, pastor appreciation and revival. Let me know what works for you.
Love,
Dawn

jeff and rebecca said...

Hey Dawny! Hope you are having a good day. Just thinking of you and thought I would say hello. So, Hello!!!!! I wish we lived closer. We could just sit and laugh together!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!
Hope things are going well for ya'll! I haven't seen you guys in forever!!!!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
Huge news! I made an A in Technology Across Curriculum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one that I was taking in Phenix City. We have to celebrate! I will call you in a little bit and see if you are feeling better and up to doing something tonight! Some of Brian's smarts is rubing off on me. (With the help of all my family) Thanks for the prayers and your encouraging words during this time. You always made me feel better and put a smile on my face!

Dawn said...

AMY! I am so thrilled! You ARE starting to sound like your brother! Congratulations!! That is wonderful news! I am glad my words of encouragement helped in some way! Yes we will have to celebrate. This afternoon I teach piano but I am free after that. Hallelujah!! (SP?) Yes I am finally feeling a little better. I will talk to you later on this afternoon!
Love you!
How was the massage??
Dawn

The Clarks said...

Such a good way to minister to people during this time of year. I like the pumpkin analogy.

Amy reminds me so much of Kelley with her classes. Way to go, Amy! That IS reason to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Dawn
I'll be honest with you. I didn't read this but I wanted to tell you that I love you and I had so much fun with you and Brian the other night. I can't wait til we get together again.
PS Where is our picture??

Anonymous said...

Oh and if you ever need to be woken up just let me know!! HAHA :) Love you!

Thanks Mendy I was very proud of myself!!

Dawn said...

Amy,
I'm sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet. It's been a crazy week. We've had revival all week and I am trying to get used to working at Oasis also. It's been hectic but I will try to post them soon!