Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Celebration Of Mothers



May is Mother's day but I don't think that we show our love and appreciation to our Mother's enough! Our Mother's help to shape us into the people we are today. My Mother always shows me a better way of doing things. I've learned in my adult years that yes, she has been around a lot longer than I and her way of doing things are usually best. She is also such a helpful Mom. She helps me clean, cook, decorate, paint, and anything else that I may need her for. That means a lot. I TiVo Jon and Kate plus 8 and their parents are not involved in their lives at all and that has made me realize what a help my Mom is and how I am glad that she is involved in my life. Most importantly she is a Christian and has passed her values and morals down to me. I think that is what life is truly all about don't you? Having a family and passing on what has been passed on to you. God hasn't seen fit to bless Brian and I with any children yet. After 4 years of trying to concieve we are still in prayer that God will see fit to bless us with a child. Recently God has shown me that "In His Time" things will come to pass. Not my time or my wants but HIS will for our lives and maybe right now isn't HIS timing for us. We have been blessed however, with 2 precious pups who bring such joy and love to our lives and hearts. Lizzy May Jacobs, mostly called Lizzy Tizzy, a Rat Terrier and Isabella Boo Jacobs, mostly called Baby Bella or Bella Boo, a Jack Russell Terrier. They have certainly shed some light on what parenthood would be like and brought a lot of love and fun to our lives. I am proud to be their Mommy and Brian loves them just as much as I do! I am thankful for my Mom for showing me what love is and how to be a good Mommy and take care of things like Mommies always do. No matter how old I get, no one will ever be able to take the place of her and no one will ever be able to "fix" everything like Mama!! I Love You Mama...on Mother's Day, today and always.

I ask Brian to share a little about his Mom on here but he says he's not a blogger and I should continue blogging that I am doing a good job. Mrs. Cathy has passed a lot of things onto Brian that I have come to truly appreciate as his wife. Brian is such a helpful husband. He helps me in the grocery store, the kitchen, around the house and with just about anything I ask him to do, except blogging. He doesn't take after his sister Kimberly, Miss Journalism. Brian reminds me all the time that he used to help his Mama do all the things that he helps me do. I am sure she was GLAD to have his help...God Bless the woman! She has 4 children, which is to be commended in today's society. Not only do people not have large families anymore, they don't usually stay married when they do. His Mom is a Christian and I have seen her prayers evident in our lives. She keeps a prayer journal and puts us in it. It means so much to have Christian parents who pray for their children. For the most part, Brian just isn't your normal "man." I credit his Mom for this. He is a wonderful listener. He is a great researcher. He is so observant and intelligent. He always gives credit for his skills and abilites to his Mama. He always tells me that his Mom taught him to help in the kitchen. He will say, "Mama used to do this" or " Mama used to do that." I remember when we first started dating, Brian told me about his Mom using cranberry pills, which has helped with a lot of my bladder problems. He knows things and helps in ways that most men don't. He tells me things that his Mom used to do that may be helpful to me. Mrs. Cathy is also a 2 time cancer survivor. She is a a strong woman who would do anything for her children. Thank you for the things that you gave Brian and for making him the wonderful, sweet and loving man that I so proudly call my husband.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I agree! Our mamas are pretty wonderful!!!!

I am sooooo thankful for a Godly mother that has prayed for me countless hours!! That's the BEST gift she could have EVER given me!