Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Laughter IS The Best Medicine ;-)


Sometimes I catch myself getting "caught up" in the day to day things. I can remember when I was in school, it seems like I laughed all the time. Everyday I laughed at something. Most of the time I was the one making people laugh. I love to laugh and I love to make people laugh. A good friend of mine, Tina K. Rodgers and I spent a lot of time together in high school. She and I lived very close to each other and I would go over to her house quite often. She and I would laugh at all sorts of things. She lived with her Grandmother and she always kept those big marsh mellows in the freezer. My Grandmother used to always keep lemon drops in the fridge, so I can't say that I found it all that unusual. I would eat those things like crazy. Just thinking about it now makes me laugh so hard! Her Grandmother would always tell Tina (when I was gone of course) "that Dawn is never gonna be sick." Tina would of course respond with the normal "why Grannie?" and she would always give the same answer..."because the child laughs constantly and they say that laughter is the best medicine." Well I can't say that I haven't had my share of sickness but I can say that a good laugh always makes me feel better. If you haven't laughed in awhile, I hope maybe this blog entry will at least bring a smile to your face because hey after all, "laughter is the best medicine!" I recently found this website and edited my picture to look like this, you can do the same to yours if you'd like, http://www.yearbookyourself.com/. I found it so funny, I laughed and laughed and I needed that!!

3 comments:

Shonna said...

The first thing that came to mind when I saw you were blogging was the story I told you about my first ultrasound experience...remeber?? I don't think I have ever laughed so hard!!!

Beth said...

Yes, you do have a very contagious laugh! I love it when you get to laughing so hard and so loud!!! It makes me laugh more to hear you laugh than whatever we are laughing at!!

{That's a lot of the word laugh!}

I'm glad I could be of assistance to you today. Like I said, it will probably never happen again!

jeff and rebecca said...

You are insane!!!! I did that website and laughed like crazy! Me and Jeff had so much fun with it!!! Let me know when you get the package!