Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Darlin! 11/21/08

It has been awhile since my last post and I have good reasons: they are, BUSYNESS!!! I will be so thrilled to see December 19th arrive. Brian will be finished with his Bachlor's Degree and will have a short break before starting back to school again to finish his Masters. I am so ready for a break and I know that he is too. He has been at it all year and it's been a tough stressful year. He works weekend option at Andalusia Hospital and only gets 3 weekends off a year. Due to the demands of school and clinicals he hasn't had any off this year. I know, most of you can't imagine your weekends tied up...it's an adjustment but he does it to go to school during the week. He is completely online and has done very very well in his studies. Brian is the brains of our family. He is the bookworm to say the least. I am not a reader, however I am trying to get better at that. Here lately I have read some good books which include "Through the storm" "It's all about Him" and "Be the pack leader" the last one being read for my babies of course!!!

November 21st Brian celebrated 35 years on this old blue marble. He took Saturday the 22nd off for the first time this year and we went to Prattville and spent the day at Bass Pro (his home away from home). At 4:00 we ventured back to Montgomery to the Alabama Shakespear Festival where we saw "Charlottes Web" I cried it was so good!!! I love visiting the Shakespear Festival. They always do such a great job on the plays. We will be taking another trip there January 9th to see "Bear Country" which is about the legendary Paul "Bear" Bryant. So get your tickets now Alabama fans! If you see my Dad please don't mention this as this is part of his Christmas from Brian and I. After Charlottes Web was over we went back to Bass Pro where we spent the rest of the evening. That store is huge and Brian loves it there and I was so happy to see him get to relax and be stress free for one day out of the year. We usually take a vacation once a year and haven't even had the time for that this year. Brian is a very committed person. He is not one who gives up. He is very determined and set on reaching his goal of becoming a NP. I am proud to call him my husband. He is so good to me and has made an excellent life for us. When Brian ask for my hand in marriage all my Dad ask of him was to take care of me and Brian has definitely went above and beyond that. I am so glad to be married to a nurse who knows so much about health related issues I may experience. Brian is a special man and I'm sure you feel the same way about your husband. God definitely knows what we have need of before we ask and he blessed me when he sent me Brian. Happy Birthday Darlin! I am so thrilled to celebrate Y-O-U!!! I don't have any pictures to post of our trip...I was too excited about being able to spend the day with my husband my camera was the last thing on my mind. Just picture Brian in Bass Pro like a kid in a candy store, trying on everything from toboggins to tackles!!! He loved it and I loved seeing him enjoy himself for a change!!! Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Love to all and Happy Birthday Brian!! Hang in there...I Love You!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Brian!! Glad you guys had a good day. Thanks for the tip about "Bear Country." I also want to take Jack to the SF to see Winnie the Pooh when they come back. He might actually sit still to see that!! LOL

Anonymous said...

How wonderful the day must have been! I'm soooo glad Brian got to relax for once. But if I know Brian as good as I think I do it was not a slow day at all! And to me a relaxed day is a slow day! But I don't think it's possible for Brain to be slow (he gets it from Granny-duh). I can just see him now buzzing around Bass Pro like a bee in a feild of flowers dragging you from one side to the other in about 10 sec. tops! I am so proud of Brian and brag on him every chance I get. HAPPY BIRTHDAY big bro.! I love you! Hope to see you soon!!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Brother!!! Glad y'all were able to get away and have fun! One day it will all be over {school}, and it will be sooooo worth the sacrifices!

I'm like Kimberly, I can see him now...buzzing is a good word for it! And reading EVERY thing he picked up!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you Brian! {and Dawn}.

Julie said...

I always get a letter from the ASF at school and saw that they were going to be performing "Bear Country." I'd love to go and see it.

Glad you're back blogging and send my belated birthday wishes to Brian. I'm glad y'all enjoyed a day together.

Anonymous said...

Well, Brian I'm sorry I did not get on here in time to tell you Happy Birthday BUT I called you so that is even better. Although, when I called you were doing school work and couldn't go eat with us...that is okay!! I know all about that awful thing called school!! I was doing it tonight on a SATURDAY and I told mama that none of this stuff I was learning was gonna mean a hill of beans when we get to Heaven! So don't stress over it. That has become my new motto!! Love you and Dawn bunches and glad that you were able to have a good time at Bass Pro!