Friday, December 5, 2008

Who wouldn't LOVE this job???


About 2 months ago I was fortunate to land a wonderful job at Oasis. A fitness day spa and salon located behind KFC here in Andalusia. I think Andalusia is very fortunate to have a place this nice that offers all of these services: Spray tans, (done by hand, not in a booth) Massage (done by 2 massage therapist), Facials (including microderm.), Manicures, Pedicures, a full salon, ladies fitness with line dancing and aerobic classes, a sauna (which has all types of benefits I wasn't aware of!) and a smoothie bar made of 100% real fruit and no added sugar (which are delicious I might add!!) Maybe it's just me but I love this place! After working at Sitel for 3 months and having to quit the job due to TiVo's decision to pull their account and not being able to train for another position due to my piano lessons, I had been looking for a job to help Brian through school. I was so blessed and fortunate to find not just any job but this wonderful job at Oasis. During my interview with my boss and the owner, Daphne she explained to me that she had dedicated her business and building to the Lord. What a wonderful thing to hear! I was so sure the Lord hadn't allowed all of the other jobs I had applied for to work out! He had saved this one for me! It was an awesome feeling. God is so Good to me! I am so undeserving of his favor and blessings! Brian enjoys me working here as well, since I'm in a whole lot better mood than when I came home from Sitel. It takes a really bad job to appreciate a good one and I am so thankful for Oasis. I've made friends with all the people who work here and they are such wonderful people as well. A special "THANK YOU" to Brittany Morrow for her sweet recommendation to Daphne to help me get this job! I am loving it! They have gift certificates available which make great Christmas gifts for anyone on your list or maybe it's you who needs the pampering to help get you through the holidays! Either way, I'll see you at Oasis!




This is where you will find me most of the time. Making smoothies, booking appointments, answering the phones, doing a little cleaning here and there and taking care of customers!








Oasis sells a little bit of everything. Art work, jewerly (including the very popular Sorelli), luggage, monogramed key chains and travel mugs, Oasis t-shirts, purses, soy candles (which burn clean and not black) plug in burners and even a few gourmet food items. You can check them out on the web for more pricing information and pictures at http://www.oasisfitnessspaandsalon.com/


9 comments:

Lori said...

Glad you like your job. You're right - it's hard to get up and go to one you hate!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You are just a regualr ole bloggin machine!! I'm so gald you have found something you enjoy and make money while your having fun, that's allows a plus! I love yall!

jeff and rebecca said...

I am so happy for you. You have such a wonderful personality and need to be somewhere that you can "showcase" that to the public. Nothing makes me want to spend my money somewhere more than to go in and have a friendly caring person help me. I know that all who enter there will want to return if they meet you. I know what it is like to work for a Christian boss. It makes life much more enjoyable when you are on the same page. Hope to see you soon.

Dawn said...

Rebecca I hope to see you soon as well. Thanks for the sweet comment!

Yes Kimberly I am trying to catch up on my sluggish blogging from the month of October! I was hardly able to blog at all! Plus there are a lot of exciting things going on this month to blog about...mostly DEC 19TH!! B's grad. date! I'm thrilled...it's a great month! Take care!
Love,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

We love your new ornaments. We will have to come by and enjoy them in person!! We are thankful that you like your job!! We will have to come by and get you to make us one of those delicious smoothie.

The Clarks said...

Your job sounds like lots of fun! I wouldn't mind one of those massages right now as a matter of fact! Does the lady that had Knead Massage do the massages? If so, she is wonderful. I think it's Theresa. She was wonderful!

Dawn said...

Yes Theresa is one of our massage therapist and Mandy Maddox Hilson is the other! Yes those massages are wonderful! Knead Massage is still the name of her business she is just at Oasis now! Take care Mendy and maybe I'll see you in there soon!

Julie said...

Sounds like I need to call you so I can book an appt. for a much needed massage! :) ROLL TIDE!

Shonna said...

Hey! Send me your email address when you get a chance...reeves@andycable.com