Saturday, February 28, 2009

My God is BIGGER!!!!


Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."


I have been through several trials the past couple of weeks and have had to constantly remind myself of this powerful verse. When people are so cruel and hurtful it is so hard to remember that our struggle truly isn't against them. The devil is so strong and powerful in this cold dark world and his forces of evil are truly the struggle. It seems like he is trying to attack me every which way I turn. I refuse to give into his lies, games and hurtful situations. When I think about the price Jesus paid for my sins it truly amazes me. It was also more than enough to stop the devil from constantly attacking me. Thank you Lord for what you went through for me and for your power that you still portray in my life to this day. At the NAME of JESUS the demons fear and tremble. Flee from me satan, for you have no power over me and my life!! JESUS is my Savior and King and he will stomp you in the ground for me any day!!!!

6 comments:

Lori said...

I have to remind myself all the time that we look at the love of Jesus by the cross and not our situations! It sounds like you're doing that. I'm sorry that you've had some difficult circumstance lately, but we know that He is the giver of peace and a loving Father and He will provide for all your needs!

Dawn said...

Thanks Lori for the words of encouragement. I appreciate that very much. A difficult time and trails are truly what Jesus uses to make us stronger and have bigger faith. Your words mean a lot!
-Dawn

jeff and rebecca said...

I am so sorry to hear that you, my beautiful sister, have been having problems. I will certainly be praying that God will strenghthen you and lift you up!! I love you and miss you so much. I am very bad about not fully trusting God to take care of EVERYTHING! He has always been so faithful to care for my every need and there is absolutely no reason for me to doubt Him. But sometimes I just let Satan win. Keep your head up and let God have the reins!!!

Lori Griffin said...

I am praying for you and the trials you are going through. A good book I've just started reading is "Life is Tough But God is Faithful" by Sheila Walsh. God loves you and I do too!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! I love your background!! It's VERY cute!! Keep your chin up! I love you!!!!!

Dawn said...

Thank you Kimberly! I am assuming by now you have heard the good news!! I can't wait for you to come see it. I will post pictures soon!! I'm super excited!
Love ya!
DJ